Tuesday

The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins - Children's book review from Reading Rumpus

In my typically late to the party fashion, I finally got around to reading The Hunger Games. All I can say is that right now author Suzanne Collins had better be holed up in her house writing frantically. Not since Pottermania have I so desperately hungered for a sequel. I was enthralled, totally possessed, by each passing page. What a way to begin my New Year in books!

I saw the stellar reviews across the book blogosphere and was excited when my copy arrived, but man, did it live up to the hype. Each new page held a teacher’s treasure trove of ideas. Themes, writing devices, elaborate plot structures, spot-on character investment... the list is innumerable....... Continue reading the review, along with teaching resources, on Reading Rumpus.

© 2007-2009

0 comments:

Swag:

Blog Archive