Friday

Give A Goat by Jan West Schrock with illustrations by Aileen Darragh - Children's book review from Reading Rumpus

Give a Goat by Jan West Schrock relates the tale of a class of real fifth grade students who, after hearing a book on how one goat can change the lives of children in Africa, decide to hold a fundraiser to buy a goat for the organization Heifer International.

I was a bit reluctant to review Give a Goat as I tend to be leery of books that preach or sell to children. However, I was more than pleasantly drawn into the story and found no preachiness anywhere! I can guarantee you that if I were still in the classroom, we’d be collecting pennies to buy our own goat and I can easily see Give a Goat exploding to the same degree of popularity as the Flat Stanley phenomenon in schools....... Continue reading the review, along with teaching resources, on Reading Rumpus.


© 2007-2009

0 comments:

Swag:

Blog Archive