Monday

Live Your Road Trip Dream by Phil and Carol White - Book Review

I have a secret hidden desire. I’ve only told my husband about it. I want to buy an RV and travel around the entire USA. Alas, this is but a dream…

However! I have hope! It seems Carol and Phil White have the planning COMPLETELY done for me. All I need to do is read their book, Live Your Road Trip Dream, with pen and paper in hand. They write with wit and creativity, including everything from cost planning sheets for both the big time spender and the budget conscious to supply lists, sample itineraries and RV buying advice. They remind me of things like renting out my home vs. selling it, medical expenses, bill paying, storage options, including a thorough emergency chapter too.

My favorite part of Live Your Road Trip Dream was their ideas for personal themes. They’re golf enthusiasts and sport stadium aficionados, but my theme would be Nascar tracks and flea markets. I’d join them in their love of visiting all the National Parks though. Another cute idea was the sponsoring a classroom idea (which happened serendipitously for them). This would be an easy task for me (as a teacher, myself). Their insight on planning the route around the changing seasons and various events/festivals, such as Mardi Gras, was inspired.

I was so hyped up after finishing Live Your Road Trip Dream, poor hubby had to hear about it for two days. He said we’d kill each other, being trapped in an RV for months. Not to worry… I handed over the book with that section dog-eared just for him :-)

Buy Live Your Road Trip Dream Here

Bookmark and Share

2 comments:

Carol White - The Road Trip Dreamer said...

Thanks for your lovely write up of our book - you really captured the essence of why we wrote it. We hope you can convince your nubby to do it - it is great bonding and such a fabulous experience. Have him call Phil for help - he will say that "learning how to say 'yes dear' in a caring way" is the secret!

Thanks again

Carol

Tasses said...

:-) Thanks for stopping in. I really did enjoy your book and hope to make good use of it!

Swag:

Blog Archive